Know the basics and learn the lingo
Meet arguably the most important component of your automatic bean-to-cup coffee machine: The Brew Unit
- Remove and clean once a week
- Do tablet cleaning on your machine if it has that function
NOTE: Some machines do NOT have a removable brew unit (like Jura's). Send your machine to us at least once a year so we can remove, clean, replace O-rings, and apply silicone grease to the moving parts.
Heres 'n real simple tip to check if your GRINDER and BREW UNIT is still working nicely.
- The coffee pucks (cakes) in the drawer of your coffee machine should by nice and firm. Check the image above.
3 things must be right for these pucks to be perfect:
- The grinder coarseness must be fine (not too rough)
- The dosage of the grinder must be 8-10 grams (a 6 gram shot is just terrible!)
- The brew unit must be clean with new O-rings on it!
This video will help you if you have a machine with a removal brew unit: