The health benefits of coffee
While coffee is indulgent and enjoyable, there are also several health benefits associated with moderate coffee consumption. Read on to find out more about your favourite brew!
9 Health benefits of drinking coffee
Researchers aren’t sure exactly which of the ingredients in coffee are responsible for producing their studies’ health-boosting results, but based on the evidence, they’ve concluded that there are many health benefits related to drinking coffee when consmed in moderation, which include the following:
1. Improved mental alertness: The caffeine in coffee is a natural stimulant that can help improve mental alertness and focus, helping you feel more awake and alert.
2. Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes: studies have shown that moderate coffee consumption may help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
3. Lower risk of Parkinson’s disease: coffee consumption has been associated with a lower risk of developing Parkinson’s disease, possibly due to the caffeine and other compounds in coffee that may protect the brain cells.
4. Protection against certain cancers: studies have shown that coffee consumption may help reduce the risk of certain cancers, including liver, colorectal, and endometrial cancer.
5. Improved physical performance: the caffeine in coffee can help increase physical endurance and reduce fatigue during exercise.
6. Improved mood: coffee consumption has been associated with improved mood, possibly due to the caffeine content.
7. Reduced risk of depression: several studies have found that people who drink coffee regularly may have a lower risk of depression, possibly due to the caffeine’s effects on brain chemistry.
8. Reduced risk of liver disease: Coffee consumption has been associated with a lower risk of liver diseases such as liver cancer, cirrhosis, and fatty liver disease.
9. Lower risk of cardiovascular disease: Some studies have found that moderate coffee consumption may be associated with a lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
While coffee may hold many health benefits, it’s also important to note that excessive coffee consumption can have negative effects on health, such as increased anxiety, heart palpitations, and insomnia. As with any food or drink, moderation is key to maximizing the health benefits of coffee.
Looking for drip filter coffee sachets for corporate gifting, for your guesthouse or bush lodge, or a camping expedition? Our international award-winning drip filter sachets are easy to use and make it possible for you to have a perfect cup of filter coffee anytime,...
Are you looking for a coffee machine for your home or office? Look no further - SAVE R3 000 with the fantastic König A10s Bundle Deal! This fantastic coffee machine bundle includes one of our top-sellers, the König A10S fully automatic, one-touch coffee machine, an...
Need freshly roasted coffee?
König Coffee supplies Coffee Machines, Freshly Roasted Coffee and Vending Supplies to homes & businesses throughout South Africa & Namibia.
With some 30 franchisees, and service centres in Cape Town & Gauteng, there’s sure to be a König Coffee supplier near you!